Tuesday, February 26, 2008

YouTube Tuesday

I thought about posting up the Jimmy Kimmel video of "I'm F*cking Ben Affleck" which is wicked funny or maybe a little SNL take on Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood with his own Food Network show called "I Drink Your Milkshake" which is also hilarious.But, no. Not today.

I'm in a bit of a funk right now so I wanted something a bit more mellow; more inspirational as I need all the inspiration I can gather these days. Here's one of the most talented men that's ever walked among us; the late, great Dudley Moore performing his true passion: classical piano. Not only was Moore a wonderful actor, a very funny and witty comic, but he was a classically trained pianist. A damn good pianist. I remember seeing this performance on PBS about 20 years ago and I couldn't stop watching. His performance is one of the best classical piano performances I've seen, most likely because I was in utter bewilderment that this comic/actor was the one making the music happen; I had no idea he was this talented. Any time I see tapes of Moore performing I have to stop and watch; it is a true joy to experience the immense talent this man possessed.

So, here's Dudley Moore performing the last movement of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra in 1980.

Enjoy.

No comments: